- Results for geographic searches for winery locations are now ordered by distance from the queried point.
- You can now search for winery locations based on the “open to the public” indicator on the location. A location is generally considered open to the public if it allows walk-ins or appointments (i.e. tasting rooms). Locations that are not open to the public include mailing addresses, administrative offices, and so on.
- The JSON responses for wineries, brands, locations, and wines now include a “percent complete” value that indicates how complete the system considers the data for the entity. This is a general measure of completeness and can be used when determining whether a entity will suit your needs.
- Field group statistics are now supported for search endpoints. Field group statistics provide counts of field values based on your query/filter parameters. For example, you can request group counts for “variety” when searching for wines within a region/appellation and the API will return the top varieties and counts with your search results. This feature allows you to build powerful guided/faceted search interfaces using the API.
- Added support for searching wines by price, including by currency code and container size.
- Added support for ordering wine search results by wine type, vintage, price, winery, and wine name.
- Implemented and documented embedding techniques, including support for oEmbed.
- Modified wine search by GTIN to automatically coerce UPC-E, UPC-A, and EAN-13 into GTIN-14 format before executing the query. In addition, if the check-digit is determined to be missing from the query value, the API will attempt to append on.
- Fixed bug in varieties “all” entry point where JSON format wasn’t being honored.
- Fixed documentation issue for location search. Latitude and longitude must be passed as “lat” and “long”.
- Added new area to documentation site for Tools and Libraries. If you’ve developed a wrapper for the Cruvee API in your programming language and would like to contribute it to the community, let us know and we’ll add to this new part of the site.
Leave a Comment/Question