The VinTank Data Model Reference provides detailed property information on entities available from the VinTank API.
Although some data property names can vary between the JSON and POSH API response formats, differences should be easily mapped from this
reference. Click on an entity or enumeration type in the navigation to the left to begin exploring the VinTank Data Model.
There are two general types in the model: entities and enumerations. Entities represent object types in our data model and include types
such as Winery, Wine, Wine Product, and Variety. Enumerations are types that represent a set of valid values and include concepts such
as Closure (cork, screwcap, synthetic, ...), Wine Type (red, white, rose, sparkling white, ...), and so on.
We are still in the process of building this Data Model Reference. Therefore, some properties may be missing or not fully documented yet.
If you have any questions or need clarifications, please contact us
Some of the primary entities of the data model are listed below. This is not complete list. See the list to the left for all entities
- Represents the legal or business entity which produces wines.
- Winery Brand
- Represents a wine brand, or product line, for a winery. A winery can have one or more brands.
- Winery Address / Location
- A physical location for a winery. Can be tasting room(s), production facilities, or administrative locations.
A winery can have zero or more addresses.
- Represents an unpackaged wine, essentially what was produced by a winery before being bottled. This is where you'll
find information such as vintage, declared/primary variety, region/appellation, ABV, pH, varietal composition,
aging/elevage aspects, label and bottle images, and so on.
- Wine Product
- A packaged (i.e. bottled) representation of a wine. This is where you'll find information such as the bottle date,
cotainer type & size, closure, packaging dimensions, and so on. A Wine can have zero or more Wine Products.
Other Essential Entities
- A "normalized" grape variety that captures basic information about a variety but does not imply a single name for the variety.
- Variety Name
- Represents a grape variety name. Since many varieties have more than one name (often localized), this entity captures
each possible name. A Variety has one or more Variety Names.
- Represents a geographic or regulated wine region or appellation.
- Region Node
- Regions are organized into a hierarchical (i.e. tree) structure. The Region Node represents a node in the hierarchy. For example,
the Napa Valley region is attached to the hierarchy under United States and then California, and so on. The hierarchy depth can
vary for country to country and region to region.