The VinTank platform powers the API implementation for the VinTank distributed social game, VinPass. The API entry points for VinPass will be found at api.vinpass.com. Please contact VinTank for more information on partnership opportunities for VinPass.
VinTank API credentials are required to access the VinPass API. See the authentication details for instructions on how to sign your API calls. In addition, VinPass must be enabled for your VinTank API profile.
The VinPass API is broken up into the following areas.
- Activities – submit activity details that occur on your platform for a user to determine if passes have been earned or progressed towards being earned (i.e. in-play).
- Passes – returns details on all passes in the game. Passes are grouped by category and indicators are included for each pass to show if the current user has earned, started (i.e. in-play), or not started the pass.
- Scoreboard – retrieve a player’s scoreboard. The scoreboard represents the details and status of passes earned and in-play for a player.
- Jumbotron – retrieve gameplay activity across all users on your platform in the form of a “latest VinPass activity” stream. Can be easily widgetized.
- Gallery – retrieve meta information about each pass in the game, including basic criteria and API pointers to wine-related data in the VinTank API, earned and unearned pass images, and more.
- Leaderboard – access the leaderboard for all users playing the game across your system (FUTURE).
As a partner platform delivering VinPass game play to your users, there are a number of technical and application requirements. The major requirements are listed below but you are encouraged to contact VinTank to discuss them in more detail.
- Navigation – you must add a link/button for VinPass into your primary site/application navigation.
- VinPass page – the link/button in your navigation should direct the user to a page in your application that includes the following general elements.
Sample Implementation – Mobile
The following mocks for a mobile application illustrate how the requirements above may be implemented. Please contact VinTank to discuss significant variations or alternatives.
The following mocks show how VinPass may be integrated into a mobile application’s navigation and the About VinPass view showing about information and access to the Passes and Scoreboard for the current user.
The following mocks show examples of the Passes and Scoreboard views. Keep in mind that these mocks show only a small number of passes. You should plan for many more passes than the number shown and a variable number of passes in each category. The only requirement is that you display the passes grouped by category. The Scoreboard must show in-play passes in the order returned by the API (closest to being earned first). Earned passes are returned from the Scoreboard API in the order they were earned (reverse chronological). You may reorder them as appropriate for your application. Note that the Scoreboard mock below only shows in-play passes. You may incorporate earned passes into your Scoreboard view/page as you’d like.
The following mocks show the pass detail view and the pass award view. The user can get to the pass detail from the Passes view, Scoreboard view, or award view. Note that you should consider how to deal with an activity that results in multiple passes being earned. For example, feature the first pass in the award view and indicate using text that they have earned other pass(es) too.
Authentication is required to access the VinPass API. See VinTank API Authentication for details.
The VinPass API will return the same response codes as the VinTank API.